What you can do with Azure Stack HCI solutions
Run workloads from branch office to edge
Meet the evolving IT demands of branch offices, retail stores, and field locations. Deploy your container-built edge workloads and essential business applications in highly available virtual machines (VMs), and use Azure Monitor to get a global view of system health.
Support large-scale virtual desktop implementations
Use remote desktop services, highly available virtual machines, and integrated scalable storage to support your large-scale virtual implementations. Connect virtual desktops to the Azure update management solution to control your enterprise virtual desktop infrastructure configuration in the cloud.
Get the benefits of virtualizing Microsoft SQL Server
Deploy and manage high-performance, scalable SQL Server running on hyperconverged infrastructure. Run your applications with high availability and the flexibility of virtualization while using Azure Backup and Azure Blob Storage to back up and restore your organization’s data.
Apply trusted enterprise virtualization
Use virtualization-based security and certified hardware to help protect your security-sensitive workloads. Connecting this trusted infrastructure to Azure Security Center activates behavioral analytics and reporting to account for rapidly changing workloads and threats.
Combine unmatched storage and performance with validated hardware to centralize your organization's file shares. The Azure file sync feature keeps the flexibility, performance, and compatibility of an on-premises file server while replacing an aging storage area network or aggregating files from multiple sources.
Why use a hyperconverged solution made for Azure
- Consolidate traditional virtual apps that must remain on-premises on industry-standard x86 servers with software-defined compute, storage, and networking.
- Achieve industry-leading virtual machine performance with Hyper-V and Storage Spaces Direct technology with built-in support for non-volatile memory express (NVMe), persistent memory, and remote direct memory access (RDMA) networking.*
- Achieve high availability with built-in clustering and distributed software resiliency.
- Help keep apps and data secure with shielded virtual machines, network micro-segmentation, and native encryption for data at rest and in transit.
- Manage with your choice of command-line automation or use Windows Admin Center.